Upholstery / Drape Cleaning
For the past decade, window treatments have changed drastically in their style, fabric selection and installation techniques. This is why it is imperative you take the time to choose a specialty dry cleaner experienced in the art of fabric care and upholstery cleaning. Your initial investment of time and money to decorate your windows warrants the very best to maintain them.
KMC has built a reputation for excellence over the past 35 years, and here are five reasons why:
1. Assurance: Our only goal for 40 years has been satisfying you, the customer. Over the years, our experience and pride have built us an outstanding reputation among many of the acclaimed decorators and interior designers throughout Bay Area. Best of all, our workmanship is 100% guaranteed. We’ll do everything from the initial take-down to the re-hang at the end.
2. Convenience: Our qualified installers will visit your home and remove, clean, and precisely re-install the most intricately designed window treatments. These include jabots, swags (stapled to boards) returned with the same soft cascading folds, throw swags, balloons, Austrians, valances, pinch-pleated draperies and sheers, and much more. Our professionals also install new rods, restring old rods, install new draperies and top treatments and much more.
3. Adjust-A-Drape process for pleated draperies & sheers: Our unique Adjust-A-Drape process will impeccably clean your pinch-pleated draperies and sheers. Folds will be blocked, hemlines evened and colors and textures restored. The length and width are pre-measured so length is guaranteed. The results are draperies and sheers with the same refined look they had when they were new.
4. Fabric care cleaning specialists: Contrary to what you may have been told, professional cleaning using the finest products and cleaning methods will prolong the life of your window treatments. Sunlight, dust and atmospheric gases will cause permanent damage to the fibers of your fabrics. These elements may eventually dry out the fibers of your treatments, causing color loss and weakened threads. If you wait too long, the damage can be too much to reverse. We recommend that you clean your treatments every other year to extend the life of your draperies.
5. Complimentary estimates: If you have an elaborate window treatment, please contact us to make a reservation for a complimentary estimate.
Many people think they can find a cheaper do-it-yourself method, but these methods only touch the surface and result in short-term results. In some cases, these methods can actually cause your window treatments to have a shorter lifespan. At KMC, our methods are time-tested and proven to do the job right. We completely flush out the dust and soil, and then add brighteners to your fabric to give your window treatments that professional look. No other method does this.
We want to be your one-stop-shop for household cleaning and drapery. That’s why we can clean your household items such as bedspreads, comforters, shams, canopies, down-filled bedding and some area rugs. We offer to sell and install drapery rods and hardware, for your convenience. We offer custom blinds and draperies at great prices for those who want to create new and unique window treatments. Contact us today for more information!